ABOUT THE BLOG
Are you a mom that feels under-appreciated, overwhelmed, and exhausted all the time?
SURPRISE! You’re not alone, most moms do!
The goal of this blog is to get through it all with humor and sarcasm while still holding on to what little bit of sanity is left. Being a mom is some hard shit! So hopefully you can find the time in your busy schedule to read this blog and have a laugh with the rest of us.
Hi. I’m the Sarcastic Mom. I’m a thirty-something stay a home mom. I curse a little (sometimes a lot). I love ice cream and chocolate (way too much). And I make fun of the whole lotta crazy that is my life (believe me it’s crazy). Because that’s how I roll.
Don’t get me wrong I love my little heathens (all four, five if you count my husband) will all my heart but sometimes a mom just has to vent and get things off her chest! This blog is me venting for all the world to see, in hopes that other moms will know that they are not alone. I like to think of this as my safe zone to say whatever the fuck I feel with NO consequences and I invite you all to do the same by sharing in the comments or contacting me directly. Maybe you will even see your story or comments on the blog (with your permission of course!)
THINGS TO KNOW
- I am very ANTI-BULLY. Now some of you may be wondering why I am talking about this. Well it’s because moms bully other moms… ALL. THE. DAMN. TIME. There I said it. It is NOT allowed here. Like I said this is the safe zone! So I will delete any comments that I feel show negativity towards other moms. Nobody is perfect here and neither are you, so get to steppin’.
- If this blog offends you in any way then by all means go read one of those other mom blogs where they cook organic shit, hand craft their kids birthday party, and talk about 101 ways to be a better mom. I don’t say this in judgement of those blogs, they are also great but it is not what you will find here. I will be just fine over here without all your judgement. Trust me. I will find a way to go on with my life.
- Let’s get serious for a moment. I do not condone violence towards children in any manner, so do not misconstrue any of what might be said on this blog. For example, I might think… “OMG, I am going to strangle this kid if he does not stop screaming in the middle of Walmart.” So I might post something to that effect on this blog but I would NEVER hurt my children or any child. Please take everything in humor as it is intended. Got it? Good.
- Finally, I blog anonymously. So what does that mean? That means that I do not tell everyone exactly who I am. However, the details that I do give you are absolutely true such as my first name, my stories, and my feelings. So why do I do this? Three reasons…
- Because there are a bunch of crazy people out there. People that try to hunt you down if they don’t like what you are about.
- Privacy for me and my kids is important to me.
- So my kids will never find out what I said on this blog (at least until they are parents themselves and can relate).
Most of the time motherhood is pretty damn hard and these kids have no instruction manual. We are all just trying to do our best with what we have been given. I find laughter to be the best medicine (until they prescribe you the good stuff anyway!) So grab a glass of wine, prop up your feet, and enjoy!